Honesty, Integrity and Service
I’m Jim Marter, Republican for Congress in Illinois’ 14th Congressional District, where I live and have raised my family for the last 24 years. I now have grandchildren here and I believe we deserve much better than what we’re seeing from Washington. I love America and I love Illinois. Our future is bright if we rein in big government, return to American freedoms and principles and send wise and knowledgeable, servant-leaders to Washington.
The arrogant, political “ruling class” must be replaced and with your help, we can have true representation in Congress.
Leadership, Service, Persistance, Courage, Commitment, Teamwork and Action. It takes more than words to build a brighter future.
- Twice elected and current Kendall County Republican Chairman https://kendallcountygop.com/representation/
- Deputy on GOP State Central Committee for Illinois 14th District
- Current Oswego Library District Board Trustee https://www.oswego.lib.il.us/about-us/board-of-trustees/
- Illinois 2020 14th District Presidential Elector
- Illinois Conservative Union – Current Advisory Board Member. www.ILPAC.org
- Opposed Mark Kirk in Republican Primary for U.S. Senate and opposed Adam Kinzinger in Republican Primary for U.S. House.
- Received more votes in a statewide primary than Governor Bruce Rauner received in either of his statewode gubernatorial primaries.
A Legacy of Leadership and Service
James was raised in Bartonville, Illinois in Peoria County. He graduated from Limestone Community High School where he established his leadership skills through sports, including swimming, track, cross country and basketball.
Jim is a 1984 graduate of Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Management and a minor in Computer Science. He also received professional certification from the American Production and Inventory Control Society.
Faith, family, and community are the foundation of James’ life. James has been married to his wife Jill for over 35 years and they have four children and three grandchildren to date. Jim and Jill are active parishioners at St. Anne Parish.
- Co-founded and coached the competitive Lake Camelot Swim Team in Mapleton, Illinois which is still thriviing to this day
- Served on his Church’s Education Commission
- Coached Boys and Girls Grade School Basketball Leagues
- 15 years as a Scout Leader, mentoring young men’s faith and leadership skills
- 20 years as a successful business owner and entrepreneur